visible soul™web design
serving corpus christi & the world since 2003
frequently asked questions
- Do you offer computer tech services?
- Do you have an office/storefront?
- Do you offer phone consultation/support?
- What are your business hours?
- Do you offer domain name registration?
- Do you offer web hosting?
- What do I need in order to have my own website?
- How does the website development process work?
Do you offer computer tech services?
No. I do not offer home/office computer technical services such as virus/spyware removal, operating system installation and repair, computer hardware repair, and computer assembly. I prefer to spend my time learning new web technology instead of PC technology. While I have made rare exceptions for a handful of clients I have only attempted the simplest of tech tasks.
Do you have an office/storefront?
No. I am one person and I do not maintain a storefront...yet. I do not accept "walk-ins" but I am happy to meet you at your place of business for consultation or support.
Do you offer phone consultation/support?
Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM (CST)
Closed Weekends & Holidays
My time is now: Tue 9:56 AM
Do you offer domain name registration?
No. I do not currently offer domain name registration but I can refer you to reliable registrars. I will be happy to walk you step-by-step through the domain name registration process.
Do you offer web hosting?
I do not currently offer website hosting but I am happy to refer you to reliable webhosting companies that fit your website's feature and budgetary requirements. I recommend the web hosts below...
Note: It is important that you do not buy hosting before you know what your website's technical requirements will be. If you are considering using visiblesoul.net web design services, and do not yet have a web host, then please talk to me before purchasing a hosting package.
What do I need in order to have my own website?
Minimum requirements vary depending on website specifications but for a static html website all you need is the following:
- Domain Name: A website needs a web address much like a house needs a street address if anyone is to find it. Domain names are inexpensive, usually less than $10 a year but finding a good domain name that is not already taken can be challenging.
- Website Hosting: You will need a web hosting company to "host" your website files. This is simply a matter of purchasing some computer disk space from a reputable web hosting company. Good website hosting can be found for as little as $4 a month and full-featured hosting packages can be found for $15-$50 a month. The price you will pay for website hosting is directly related to how large and how popular your website is. If your site becomes very popular you will need a package with generous bandwidth allowances and for very active websites you may need a dedicated server.
- Website Design: Unless you are prepared to spend a huge amount of time learning programming and formatting languages, graphic design, and search engine optimization you will need someone to create and build the website for you. This is where I come in. Contact me for a quote.
- Website Maintenance: In the future you will almost certainly want to make changes and additions to your website to keep it updated. Normally website maintenance is billed by the hour. I am available to perform any kind of website maintenance that you need. If your website integrates a Content Management System (CMS) you should be able to do many updates yourself and save money on maintenance costs.
How does the website development process work?
For a step-by-step explanation of how we will work together to design and build your new website see my website development process page.